Monday, July 13, 2015

Don't Miss CAMP GOOGLE!

Image by I. DeSouza.

Now Google has come up with yet another innovative idea! Google has partnered with Khan Academy, National Geographic (my heart throbs for NG) and the National Park Service to put on some fun summer camps for kids beginning......TODAY! Themes include oceans, space, nature and the physics of sound with music. It's called Camp Google. 

Today, July 13th at 12 p.m. PT,  Camp Google launched the camp with National Geographic diver Erika Bergman "taking kids" on a live dive in the Atlantic Ocean. I hope they recorded it as I don't see any recordings for it......at least not yet.  Maybe it will be posted on the above National Geographic link soon! 

This stuff is geared for kids but the content is appropriate for any age. I brushed up and even learned some cool new things about dolphins and echolocation as a science teacher. I love the simple use of recyclables too!

I'm especially impressed with Google Maps new ocean street map additions with the ability to walk the ocean floor thanks to the work of Jenifer Austin Foulkes, a manager with Google's Ocean Program, whom we see in the first Camp Google oceans experiment video, "Why Do Some Things Float?" 

Until next time, I hope you enjoy Camp Google as much as I am! 


No comments:

Post a Comment